We are able to offer our expertise in pigments and paint technology to those who require custom work or consultation. We can make precise formulations for unusual applications or exacting specifications and make custom blends for large projects.
Examples of this type of work include:
- Scenic paint production for theatre set painting (price list available by request)
- Custom formulation and batch production for blue and green screen sets for the film industry (digi-blue/green, chroma blue/green)
- The formulation of a series of tonally adjusted acrylic colours to be used by instructors at Langara College in teaching colour theory
- Consultation with the designer of a 3D educational colour puzzle called The Colour Cube
- Small batch custom blends (i.e. for an artist working on a large installation at the Museum of Anthropology)
- Technical advice on pigments for the manufacture of a new roofing material that emulates slate and cedar
- Colour matching for conservation work
- The sourcing of hard-to-find pigments and raw materials
- House label manufacturing and packaging
The cost of these services varies according to their complexity and is usually charged at an hourly rate. We are also available to give talks on the technical aspects of colour, paint and painting to groups and classes.
Teachers can design their own custom group sets for their students. We offer special pricing for these sets, and they can be ordered in any quantity. These sets are packaged in carry boxes, and can be ready for individual pickup by students, or can be shipped together to any institution with a purchase order. For more information, please call us at the shop.
The Kroma Shop
1649 Duranleau Street
tel: 604 669 4030
toll free: 1 (888) 669 4030